2013 shares are sold out as of Feb 15, 2013.
CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture”
Emails for the 2013 CSA shares will be going out in Feb. if you are interested please sign up for our email updates. Please do not send applications ahead of time. Thank you
How does a CSA work?
Consumers form a partnership with the farmer for their mutual benefit. Consumers become shareholders by buying a “share” of the harvest. Shareholders come to the farm each week to pick up freshly picked, naturally grown vegetables, herbs, and flowers, estimated to feed two adults and one or two children.
The Farm receives upfront funds for supplies, has a secure contracted market, and can therefore concentrate on farming, and providing shareholders with abundant, high-quality crops.
Communities benefit by having land kept in sustainable agriculture, by strengthening the local economy, and by learning about natural gardening practices.
When you join a CSA, you strengthen the local economy by keeping your food dollars close to home. You only pay for the farmer’s salary, seeds, and equipment. You do not pay a middleman to package, advertise, transport, and add preservatives to your food. You also reduce your carbon footprint by eliminating the carbon emissions involved in importing vegetables from out of town, out of state, or out of the country.
A CSA is a partnership in which the farmer and the consumer share the risk of agriculture and the bounty of a good harvest. We reduce the risk of crop failure by diversifying the vegetables we grow and by using all natural, sustainable growing methods that increase soil fertility and keep plants healthy.
CSAs are good for the consumer, good for the environment, and good for the community!
Benefits of being a Mainstone Farm CSA Shareholder:
Our CSA offers share holders flexibility in numerous ways.
- We offer 2 share sizes $300 and $400, and give a 3% return. A $400 share would entitle a person to $412 worth of “Mainstone Money” returning CSA members will receive a 5% loyalty return.
- We do not have set pickup days and times. With our CSA money a share holder may shop once a week or everyday.
- You get what you want. No surprises when you get home and find out there are tons of a particular vegetable your family does not eat. You buy what you want, in quantities that you need.
- Variety, We offer a large variety of products that we raise here in Wayland. Your CSA share can be used to purchase any of our retail products, including our grass fed beef, eggs, vegetables, honey, and maple syrup. (We do not accept CSA dollars for half sides, sides, or whole beef, sides of whole lambs or pork. These are wholesale purchases)
- CSA shares may be split, please include both names and emails on the application, only 1 mailing address, please.
Upon receipt of your application and check, you will receive an email confirmation, and within a week you will receive your packet of Mainstone Money, which you may start using right away.
Mainstone Money expires at the end of each farm stand season, and is not redeemable for cash.
For more information and availability, please contact Pauline or Tim at 508-358-4740.